Friday, April 11, 2008

2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (New International Version)

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong"


Have you noticed how off-track the world is lately? From a "webinar" with a popular TV host and an author who just doesn't quite get it right...to a book that says it can open up the knowledge of the garden of good and evil, oops! I mean the secret to being extremely wealthy and, therefore, successful. Then there's mediums and fortune tellers who can tell you your future and "give you a leg up." It's sad, isn't it? It is...it's downright heartbreaking. These people don't like to look, feel, or think they are weak in any way, so they look to lies to tell them they're powerful and they are gods. (little g...of course) But according to this passage, they're missing the real secret (which is no secret at all). According to this passage they're missing the boat completely because it's in their weakness, when they've got no one to give credit to but God, that they are made strong. As a Christian we need to embrace...not our god inside of us as there is no "god" in a human...but our human weakness. We need to admit regularly, "God, YOU are in control of this world. Not me. I can be successful by the world's standards on my own if I really want to, but to be truly successful, fulfilled and content in this life and the next, I have to give it over to You. I rejoice in the roadblocks You've given me in my life. They remind me I am a creation of the One True God, and through my struggles and weaknesses I am able to see more of You. THAT is success." Take some time today to realize your limitations...and thank God that He breaks through all limits and boundaries to amaze us again and again with His grace and power.

No comments: