Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Matthew 25:23

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' Matthew 25:23

Have you ever seen a child who knows that if they care for their chores and do them well that they will then have the opportunity to attend a movie or a special event with their parent? They want that time, so they put all they have into it to make sure it's done well...knowing that they will be rewarded in their parent's level of trust as well as time celebrating with that parent. Knowing they have completed a task gives them the confidence to do it well next time...and next time...and eventually they'll be doing more because the parent knows they can handle the responsibility. As a parent, I can say there is a level of excitement in me when I see my children putting forth effort to be the best they can be at something. I don't love them less if they don't, but I do know I can give them more responsibility...I can trust them with more opportunities for growth...I can honor them and bless them with rewards they couldn't know before.

That's how it is with God's love and with our responsibilities in life. He gives us a bit...sees how we do...gives us some more (or not, depending on our faithfulness)...and, the Bible says that we'll have mansions waiting for us in Heaven where we will celebrate with and worship our Lord for eternity! Today think about how you're living your life...are you living it in such a way that if you were to die today you would stand before God and hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant, you have been faithful in a few things, I gave you more and you continued to be faithful...come in and share your Master's happiness!"??

No comments: