Monday, October 15, 2007

Psalm 118: 5-6, 8

Psalm 118: 5-6, 8
“In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and He answered me by setting me free. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?...It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.”


I just found out a good friend of mine has breast cancer. It’s far enough along for her doctors to tell her on Friday and ask her to schedule a mastectomy and lymph-node-ectomy for the following Friday. She is understandably scared, and yet when I talk to her there is a foundation of trust that God hears her cries of anguish…and that through His Son, Jesus, He has already set her free. Although the future of her health and her family is uncertain they stand resolutely on the promises of Christ as life storms all around them. Amazing Grace! And you…? What storms are raging, or maybe just rumbling in the distance? If Jesus is your Lord and Savior you, too, can stand firm in His promises. If He’s not…it’s never too late to invite Him to be.

No comments: