Thursday, September 5, 2013

Looking out my window....

Psalm 2
Why are the [a]nations in an uproar
And the peoples devising a vain thing?
The kings of the earth take their stand
And the rulers take counsel together
Against the Lord and against His [b]Anointed, saying,
“Let us tear their fetters apart
And cast away their cords from us!”
He who [c]sits in the heavens laughs,
The Lord scoffs at them.
Then He will speak to them in His anger
And terrify them in His fury, saying,
“But as for Me, I have [d]installed My King
Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
“I will surely tell of the [e]decree of the Lord:
He said to Me, ‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
‘Ask of Me, and I will surely give the [f]nations as Your inheritance,
And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.
‘You shall [g]break them with a [h]rod of iron,
You shall shatter them like [i]earthenware.’”
10 Now therefore, O kings, show discernment;
Take warning, O [j]judges of the earth.
11 [k]Worship the Lord with [l]reverence
And rejoice with trembling.
12 [m]Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way,
For His wrath may [n]soon be kindled.
How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!

There are school shootings, school stabbings, workplace violence, rapes, gangs, racial divisions, family divisions, political upheavals...there is unrest around the world. To quote the Psalmist, the nations are in uproar and the peoples are devising a vain thing.

But God....

Two of the most beautiful words ever written.

But. God.

As in, "but then God showed up" or "but then God did His thing." Have you ever seen a little kid really mad at their parent and they're bound and determined to take them down but their efforts are so hilarious the parent can't help laughing? This is the picture I get of God when I read this Psalm. He's looking at all that is going on ~ and seeing those whose hearts would prefer a God-of-the-Bible free world and He's got no other reaction but to laugh because their efforts are futile.

Christians! GOD WINS!!! GOD....WINS! He's still in control. And we're still here because there is a Kingdom that people need. People need to know The One who truly loves them....truly will give them peace...will truly BLESS those who take refuge in Him!

I'm sitting at my desk looking out over my neighborhood and wondering....what can I do today to take refuge in my King and what can I do today to share Him with those who don't know His peace?

How 'bout you?



No comments: