Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Proverbs 5:21

"For a man's ways are in full view of the Lord, and He examines all his paths."
Proverbs 5:21

I remember watching a movie with my cousins when I was younger ~ it was a great movie, and we were really into it. That is, until one of the characters said a swear word and one of my cousins got up and shut the TV off!! I was shocked and asked, "WHY?!?!?" Their reply obviously had an impact on me since that was probably at least 30 years ago. They said, "Mom & Dad trust us to only watch movies we would be comfortable watching if they were watching with us. They don't swear, and don't want us to, and we'd be embarrassed by that language if they were here with us. So, we shut it off."

I don't do this very well on my own, but I am challenged as a Mother to live that kind of moral life not only in front of my children, friends and "people," but in my alone times, too. Although God isn't some Holy Judge watching us and just waiting to ZAP us when we mess up, He truly does go with us wherever we go. How would you feel looking back on your last few days through His eyes? Remember ~ He is just, but He also loves you more than you can ever imagine. Confess and move on...only better.

No comments: