Friday, October 5, 2007

Romans 12:2

Romans 12:2
“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect His will really is.”

I recently began to doubt how good, pleasing and perfect God’s will for my life really was as my marriage hit a low point. Looking back I can see the way I was thinking was the world in spiritual clothing. I wanted my husband to be a spiritual leader, but when he didn’t do it fast enough I stepped up and took on the role. I compared him to other Christian husbands I knew and sold him short every time. There were others, too, of course. Thank God, though, for transformation only HE can bring about…transformation of my thinking. My marriage isn’t perfect ~ it never will be ~ but I can say in releasing my stubborn will to allow God’s light in I can see a glimpse of His good, pleasing and perfect will in bringing my husband and I together. How is your thinking today? About your life….yourself…your relationships…how are you thinking about God today? Ask Him to reveal and transform your thinking and allow you to see His will being lived out in your life.

No comments: