Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Isaiah 42:16

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth." Isaiah 42:16

Is God calling you to do something, but you're fighting Him because you don't think you have the skills or ability to do it? Is He relentless in His pursuit of you to this? I have learned two things about this subject:

1) He won't give up on His pursuit of you
and
2) He will give you His strength to do what He is calling you to do.

I've learned two other things about this, too:

1) Fighting God doesn't work
and
2) Surrendering to His ability to do through you what needs to be done is the most satisfying and fulfilling place to be.

What's holding you back? I recently watched "Akeelah and the Bee" with my boys...I encourage anyone who longs to do something with what they've been given to watch it...in it there is a quote Akeelah reads in preparation for the series of Spelling Bees she will be entering in order to get to the National Spelling Bee. The quote is from Marianne Williamson, and although I don't subscribe to all of her theology she hits it square on the head with this one. I pray it encourages you to put feet to your gifts and talents and do what God has prepared you for in this life ~ to do all things as to bring glory to Him. I leave you with the quote...have a wonderful, God-centered and eternity-focused life!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to manifest the Glory of God that is within us...And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

No comments: